[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR questions

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Oct 13 18:31:32 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 08:06:56PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 2013, at 6:15 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > Something that might be doable instead is to store the
> > input name, but that would require users to fill that information in a
> > priori.
>
> Oooooo, would you be willing to commit a patch implementing such a feature? I mean, if you're thinking of doing it yourself I'll hang back and wait but in the past there has been open hostility to saving tuner info so I'd like to grab the opportunity if it's actually there.
>
> It might take me a week or two to find the time and code it up.

Yes, we'd accept a patch adding the input display name to the recorded
table.  Please also make that information available in the details
screen and to the theme.

The hostility in the past has been because the suggestions were to
save cardid/inputid.  Those values can change when tuners are added,
removed or renumbered making them less useful.  The input displaay
names can be more descriptive, so using them can solve the tuner
change problem.  Of course, it's still up to the user to add
sufficiently descriptive names.

David
--
David Engel