[mythtv-users] PCTV 290e DVB-T2 NanoStick not working with 0.25

PJR pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 08:22:22 UTC 2013

I've recently clean rebuilt my system (with new discs) and installed
mythbuntu 12.04, mythtv 0.25.2-15. I've tried a PCTV 290e usb device and
it is not detected by mythbackend. The New Card Setup page gives:
Card Type: DVB DTV Capture card (V3.x)
DVB device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend/0
Frontend Id: Could not get card info for ca|Subtype: Unknown error

Strangely if I run the command /scan -a 0
file_of_multiplex_data_including_HD_channels/ this returns the full list
of channels including the HD channels. This suggests the PCTV 290e is
detected and works.

The 290e used to work with my 11.10 mythtv, why doesn't it work with 12.04?