[mythtv-users] disabling notifications

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:10:06 UTC 2013

On 10 October 2013 13:51, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:

> As the system is waking from sleep, it's possible that Myth is brought back up
> before the network is, which would cause the behavior you're describing. Do
> these notifications replace anything that happened in 0.26? In 0.26, I would
> occasionally get a dialog box saying the backend couldn't be found, but that
> only happened when the backend really was down. It never happened when waking
> the system from sleep.

yes, the notification in regards to the status of the backend only
replace what would have been a pop-up in 0.26 and earlier...

I guess I could add a quick check to test how long the backend was
down notification had been displayed for and then not bother with the
ok one...

the other aim of the notifications is to help troubleshooting what
would otherwise only show in the logs.
if you check your logs, do you see any errors about not being able to
connect to the backend?