[mythtv-users] Recommendation page in mythweb

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Oct 9 20:26:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I just found it.
> >
> > Settings => Mythweb => Recommended VIdeos
> >
> > It needs to be enabled.
> >
> > Doug
> >

> Thanks.

I love the idea, but the website behind this (
http://myth-recommendations.aws.af.cm/) needs work:
* It errors out frequently (a refresh fixes it).
* It appears to be US-only at this point. Not a problem for me but others
in the world might be interested.
* There's no way to list shows in any sort of order, so they are listed
seemingly randomly.
* The shows are limited to like 8 per page, which means a lot of clicking
(60+ pages!), and all have a huge poster displayed (nice as an option but
shouldn't be the only view).
* There's no way to "Like" or "Dislike" an actor or genre--those links just
show a list of associated TV shows (though that is handy).
* I don't know what the star is for. Favorites, maybe?
* The recommendations seem a little weird, and it misses some obvious ones.
For example, I marked that I "liked" CSI: Las Vegas, but it didn't suggest
any of the other CSI variants or NCIS or other forensic type shows. I
don't know what drives the suggestions. Maybe it needs more participants?
(i.e., people who liked this show also liked this other show)

Karl