[mythtv-users] Holy porno coverart batman!

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Wed Oct 9 17:26:32 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 01:11 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Rob Jensen <bertaboy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any reason why we can't populate these when we choose the
>> appropriate item in the query for metadata?  It might require tweaking
>> the initial metadata search query, but there should be no reason why
>> we can't indicate whether an entry comes from ttvdb or tmdb in the
>> select prompt.  Selecting from one metadata source then assigns the
>> video as one of the options above and that assignment then becomes a
>> dependency for the logic between importing data from ttvdb or tmdb.
> That doesn't work very well for mass metadata lookups (eg. when you
> hit the scan button and it does a metadatalookup for all new items).
No, that works perfectly.  You do the lookup the way it's done now (or
some other way, it doesn't really matter for this point).  When you get
an index number from the external database, you save both the index
number and a tag saying which database.  Then any future use of that
index number will be restricted to only use that database, so you won't
get images from the wrong database.  One option would be to prepend a
tag for the database to the numbers. Another would be to have a separate
field.  I can see advantages to both approaches, and it doesn't really
matter how it's done, as long as it solves the problem.
> Why can't we just name files appropriately with a SxxExx and that
> means it's a TV show? (even accounting for specials and such that
> aren't necessarily episodic, we could just use S00E00)
Relying on how people name their files to avoid mixing up between
databases is crazy.  Sure, there are advantages to having files named
correctly, but that doesn't excuse the bug.