[mythtv-users] 0.27 and AirPlay

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 9 00:54:06 UTC 2013

At 11:11 AM +1100 10/9/13, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On 9 October 2013 02:02, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>  So, does .27 AirPlay work for you or not?  Thanks,
>
>It works great :)
>
>I was just thinking:
>did you by any chance check the audio only in frontend -> Setup ->
>General ; page 7 : AirPlay settings
>"only support Airtunes" checked?

Nope, that is unchecked.  BTW, "AirPlay full screen playback" is also
unchecked.

>Early in 0.26 code; I made a mistake in calculating the Bonjour Id
>used to set the name of the service of the network. AirPlay uses two
>different service name to define AirPlay: one for audio (AirTunes) and
>one for video. They both need to have the same id for iOS or iTunes to
>present them as a single device; otherwise it will either not show at
>all, or show two different devices.
>
>You can determine the AirPlayId used by your frontend running the
>following MySQL command:
>
>SELECT hostname,data FROM settings WHERE value='AirPlayId';
>
>If you see the same hostname more than once; there's an issue.

Each machine seems to have one entry:

$ mysql5 -h 192.168.2.222 -u mythtv -p -e "SELECT hostname,data FROM
settings WHERE value='AirPlayId';" mythconverg
Enter password:
+-----------------------+--------------+
| hostname              | data         |
+-----------------------+--------------+
| at-mbp12-5.local      | 6e3c68454246 |
| ct-mbp11.local        | 332A5C62616D |
| kids-mini.local       | 635e702a3a37 |
| mediamini.local       | 372D474F2343 |
| seagateexternal.local | 354244362A3A |
+-----------------------+--------------+

>You can delete all those values to force recalculating them with:
>
>DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='AirPlayId';
>
>make sure the frontend isn't running when running the SQL commands,
>otherwise it will be recreated as it was before
>
>then restart the frontend.
>
>FWIW, I have it both running on my production system (0.27: three
>frontends) and my dev box (a mac on 10.9, running a 0.28 combo)
>works fine on all of them

I don't know what to say.  It was working for me but now it's
not...more correctly, parts are working and other parts not.  Maybe
some more people can report their experiences and we either figure
out what I/we need to do differently.  Or maybe there is some bit of
code that needs to be tweaked to work in different cases, no?

Craig