[mythtv-users] MFDB 0.26 failing

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 7 21:08:37 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

> > I'll try refreshing the lineup again, Mike. When I did the install,
> > about
> > 2 weeks ago, I had to do the channel refresh about 5 times before I
> > actually
> > got a lineup.
>
> On the SD website? This has absolutely nothing to do with MythTV or
> MythTV configuration.

Nope; never logged into there; I don't even have the credentials; my
sister set up the account for her box.

I'm referring to instructing mfdb to retrieve the lineup and and plug it
into the db.

> > And, last night, I reran grab-all one more time, and I had 3 new
> > days of
> > data; this morning, I rechecked, and whatever ran overnight pulled
> > what
> > appears to be a full load.
> >
> > I'm going to take someone's advice and update further to .27, if I
> > can
> > find packages for it (Packman only builds back as far as 12.3 --
> > which is
> > current -- and I'm on 12.2).
>
> Again, try the re-add all lineups on the SD website. You shouldn't
> need to touch your MythTV system or mythtv-setup to fix this.

Since there have been no lineup changes I'm aware of, I'm not sure
why program data insertion should fail (recordings would fail, but
that's a different story), but as I say, mfdb, whether retrieving
channels or programs, *says* it's inserting data, but that data is
not there when I go to look for it.

Cheers,
-- jra