[mythtv-users] Reactivate HDMI in the frontend

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 13:53:10 UTC 2013

Josu Lazkano wrote:
>Hello, I have set off the screensaver. I try to push keys in the
>remote, but the TV doesn't show nothing.
>
>When I restart the frontend, it show the power off process.

Sounds like you haven't disabled the screensaver properly. I used to have that problem - if the TV were switched off then after a while the system/X screen saver would kick in and the video would be lost as there was no signal from the TV. Hitting the power button would show the shutdown splash screen (as the system would switch video modes, and now the TV is providing the required information)!
You have to *completely* disable the screen saver in the system/X window system.