[mythtv-users] Can mythtv (or mplayer/xine through mythtv) upmix 5.1 sound in 6.1 or 7.1?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Oct 6 13:22:26 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org> wrote:
> So, as per the subject, do you have a way to upmix 5.1 to 7.1?
> (my receiver will turn 7.1 back into 6.1 without problems)

I don't know.  I can't help but feel that this is something that this
receiver should be able to handle if properly configured.

This is the AVR-3808CI?  With the surround mode set to "Standard"?
The speaker setup has surround back set to either Large or Small and
"1spkr"?  Surround A is set to large/small and surround B is set to
None?

Eric