[mythtv-users] need help getting mythvidexport working

Chris Gaskell chrisgaskell_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 21:52:53 UTC 2013

You've hit on another problem with my EPG data - I'm in Australia where
EPG info is notoriously poor.  I used to use something called Shepherd
which everyone here seems to use and it gives much better data and
usually gives a sub-title field even if no series / episode data.  I
still need to get Shepherd set up again so for now I'm on the EPG.

Lets try not to get distracted. I was using Chuggington as my test. It
had a TVDB reference but series and episode fields were 0 so to see what
happens I changed them to s=1 and e=1.  The job sat there for ages but
it looks like it's working. :-)  I now have a log file tells me it's
run.  I don't actually have a file yet as the destination directory
didn't have write permission.  I'll fix that later and report back.

I did try exporting another job and that's failing too. Here's the log:

2013-10-06 08:16:08.493307 I [19699] mythvidexport.py Using recording --
Senna -
2013-10-06 08:16:08.712126 I [19699] mythvidexport.py Performing Movie
export with local data.
2013-10-06 08:16:11.320077 C [19699] mythvidexport.py
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "/usr/local/bin/mythvidexport.py", line 410, in main
         export = VIDEO(opts,int(args[0]))
       File "/usr/local/bin/mythvidexport.py", line 66, in __init__
         self.get_meta()
       File "/usr/local/bin/mythvidexport.py", line 132, in get_meta
         metadata = grab.grabInetref(self.rec.inetref)
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/system.py", line
404, in grabInetref
         return self.command('-D', *args).next()
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/system.py", line
344, in command
         return self._processMetadata(super(Grabber, self).command(*args))
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/system.py", line
130, in command
         return self._runcmd(cmd)
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/system.py", line
139, in _runcmd
         raise MythError(MythError.SYSTEM,self.returncode,cmd,self.stderr)
     MythError: External system call failed: code 1

It's a movie - Senna. I can run metadata lookups but they don't seem to
return any additional data even though it's in IMDB and themoviedb.

In my last setup it all ran so smoothly without any problems.  It's so
frustrating.  I'm sure I used to export files where the was no internet
ref or series or episode data and they exported fine.  I had to tidy up
the file names and data afterwards but it did work. If it's a metadata
problem that causes the mythvidexport failures, are there any tips to
fix it so that mythvidexport runs?

I've gotta go now but will report back when I've fixed the directory
permissions and mabe try a few other recordings.

Thanks for the help.