[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu MySQL bind address for 0.27

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Sat Oct 5 08:53:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is a bug with MythTV, or Mythbuntu, or a
misconfiguration on my part, so I thought I'd share my experience
here.

I just upgraded 0.26 to 0.27 and encountered a problem when running
mythtv-setup to trigger the schema upgrades. All other MythTV
processes were stopped, but when I tried to run mythtv-setup, it would
get stuck repeating the following message:

I CoreContext dbcheck.cpp:463 (UpgradeTVDatabaseSchema) Waiting for
database schema upgrade lock

After a quick Google, I edited my /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf file to replace:

bind-address=0.0.0.0

with:

bind-address= ::

Restarted MySQL, reran mythtv-setup and now everything is fine.

There were no error messages logged relating to connection issues
prior to the schema upgrade issue.

If anyone things this is a bug rather than a misconfiguration mistake
on my part, please let me know which project you think this should be
raised against.

Thanks,

David