[mythtv-users] Holy porno coverart batman!

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Oct 3 20:39:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 04:26:09PM -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Lucky you, my SO was not amused when that happened to her Mentalist
> >> recordings...
> >
> > I'm assuming many of us checked that out. Egads...I can see the shock when
> > your SO was expecting a picture of Simon Baker and got the lass in question.
> > I guess it says a lot about the people contributing to the themoviedb when
> > some classic films have no artwork but a porno has multiple backgrounds and
> > covers.
>
> Well, regardless of the nature of the content, it seems like mixing up
> an id from one database with an id in another database is a bug that
> needs to be addressed.

    I dunno. The whole "inappropriate content" thing seems to be a bigger problem.
This seems like something that should be governed by ratings controls if it were a
recording or video0. The possibility that metadata also needs to be managed in the
same way is an intriguing development.

    Kids could end up seeing this stuff, or more importantly the neighbor's kids
could end up seeing this stuff and throwing a royal conniption fit with serious
consequences.

    Superhero parodies spring immediately to mind.