[mythtv-users] db password problems after upgrade to mythbuntu 13.04

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 17:02:37 UTC 2013

I updated my myth backend box to mythbuntu 13.04 recently.  Ever since
then, I can't run the frontend on that box without changing the database
password from "mythtv" to the password that I've used for the last 5 years
on that system.  When I run the frontend, it brings me to the setup screen
and shows the database password has reverted to "mythtv" despite my
entering the actual password and saving it the previous time I ran the
frontend.  Any idea why the upgrade caused this behavior and how I can fix
it?

Thanks in advance,

    David