[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 06:08:18 UTC 2013

> On 2 Oct 2013, at 2:44 pm, "Phill Edwards" <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The way of the MythTV is to go and fix your guide. Then the scheduler
>> can make better decisions. For NZ that may be as simple as switching
>> from the transmitted EIT guide to the transmitted MHEG5 guide (whatever
>> that is). E.g. http://code.google.com/p/mheg2xmltv/
>
> I may have misunderstood the problem, or your answer, but I don't see how it's an issue for the TV guide data. Stations sometimes choose to broadcast a program multiple times per week, and the guide data reflects that correctly. (BTW I'm in Australia and use guide data from a scraper called Shepherd which is extremely good). The beauty of the Record Weekly rule is that it means I don't have to tell MythTV which occurrence of the program to record, as long as it does its best to record one of them without conflict. How can that now be achieved if there's no Record Weekly option (without setting up some arcane recording rule)?
[Mark] I'm on 0.27 and in mythweb just went Recording Schedule (custom) and the options immediately there include 'Find and record one showing each day' and 'Find and record one showing each week'. Will that achieve the required outcome? There are a range of further options available under advanced options, it seems it should be relatively straightforward to create the necessary rule?

I think it's unclear from the OP exactly what the failure mode is - is duplicate detection failing or is it generic (or incorrect) program ID's in the EPG? There have been a few previous posts on fine tuning duplicate detection that may be relevant depending on the exact problem.