[mythtv-users] after 0.27 upgrade, FEs not playing mythtv:// protocol; storage groups are gone

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Nov 30 22:54:43 UTC 2013

After upgrading to 0.27 here, I'm finding that the FEs think some
recording files are not available when they most certainly are.

From the small sample that I've looked at it looks like it's only
finding recordings on one of my 3 storage groups, the first one I ever
created.

I went and looked at my Storage Directories configuration in
mythtv-setup and it looks like all of my Storage Groups are gone.

So I added a Default storage group and put my 3 recordings filesystems
in there but the FEs are still reporting they cannot find
mythtv://myth:6543/<recording filename>.mpg.

As an additional data point Daniel's Android FE can play those
recordings so I guess ultimately the backend can find them.  And if I
NFS mount those storage directories on the FE, it can play the
recordings that it's otherwise reporting are missing.

So why is it not giving them to the FEs that are requesting them on the
mythtv:// protocol?

Cheers,
b.