[mythtv-users] tmdb grabber switch to v3

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Nov 30 21:37:03 UTC 2013

On 30/11/13 18:37, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 11/30/13 11:15, IsmoT wrote:
>> my zoneminder installation
> Updating MythTV should not require updating Zoneminder, and as I
> understand it, Mythzoneminder will only run on one machine, the one
> actually running Zoneminder, and that it is not a clustered application
> like MythTV.

Raymond I think you misunderstand how MythZoneMinder works (that
probably explains your previous hostility to it). It works like a
client/server. MythZoneMinder the FE plugin can run on any system, it
doesn't matter if it is local or remote to the system running
ZoneMinder. The FE's running the plugin don't even have to be connected
to the same BE. You can even access a ZoneMinder system across the
internet if you wished.

mythzmserver is a tiny helper daemon that runs on the same system as
ZoneMinder that acts as a server accepting connections from the FE's and
returning the requested data. It can be run on a system independent of
Myth and can be compiled standalone so doesn't require any of the MythTV
libs or dependencies so avoids the bloat of a full Myth install.

Paul H.