[mythtv-users] Jerky video

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Nov 28 18:00:39 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-28 at 21:35 +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:

>         GT610 using Advanced 2x temporal deinterlacing is the cream of
>         the crop, you probably won't find better PQ using any other
>         affordable hardware... I don't know that I would call that
>         simply 'good'.
>

>         On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Phill Edwards
>         <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>                         If you find the you can't live without good PQ
>                         then..
>                         I would recommend GT640. The Kepler GPU family
>                         has slower shaders
>                         compared to the previous generation but is
>                         more power efficient.
>

> With either of these options does it matter much if I get a 1GB or 2GB
> card? I'm not going to be gaming or anything like that so I'm assuming
> that a 1GB card will be fine but just wanted to check.

Often the smaller RAM cards have faster memory.
512MB was always touted as the minimum.

The GT610 is more than okay as progressive video decoder.
AFAIK it can decode 2 HD H264 video streams.
And it gets overloaded trying to (vector) 2xadv de-interlace & has no
margin for higher bitrate or other post-processing.

A 1GB GDDR5 is going to be better than 2GB GDDR3 for under-powered
cards.

The GT640 is about half price of any good PSU.