[mythtv-users] mythtv and plex

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Thu Nov 28 15:20:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I run mythtv and plex server together on my backend. Plex indexes my
recordings as well as other content within other directories.

Recordings and other content is available to ipads etc via plex. It
all works well.

I have just loaded Plex Home Theater onto my frontend (mythbuntu
12.04) and it works very well when launched outside of mythtv.

I am having issues though when integrating it into mythtv.

I've added it to my menu structure with an entry like so:

    <button>
        <type>RECIPE</type>
        <text>Plex</text>
        <description>Start Plex</description>
        <action>EXEC /usr/bin/plexhometheater.sh</action>
    </button>

Plex launches from within mythtv ok

The remote magically worked with Plex with one caveat. The escape key
does not register for some reason. Still have to look into this.

My big problem though (and it might be related to the escape key) is
that when I exit from Plex, mythtv seems to be minimised and I cannot
get it to maximise. I have to kill it and start it again.

Any thoughts?

Phil