[mythtv-users] Tuners in constant use, until I change the way backend starts

paul thannet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:29:22 UTC 2013

I have just installed two TBS cards a 6982 DVB-S & 6280 DVB-T into what
was my perfect running Mythbuntu .27

Problem I had was constant tuners are in use, yet with scan then play
via mplayer they work fine? Now by accident I stopped the backend and
thought about starting it verbose, but instead of doing a sudo service
mythbackend stop & start I just ran "mytbackend" on it's own. Tuners now
work in Myth? , did try starting as a service again and the tuners are
all busy again? Is this some sort of permissions issue with the tuners?
Not quite sure where to look? any hints