[mythtv-users] Pixelated recordings more common with HDHR Prime after 0.27 upgrade?

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 16:39:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Well, MythTV just dumps whatever data it's given, so if it's a problem with
> the recording, it's a problem with something else (i.e. HDHR, antenna/cable
> signal quality, ...).

This ignores a problem that gave me pixelated recordings: hard disk contention.

You didn't happen to combine spindles into some sort of RAID when you
installed the new system, did you? I learned this less on the hard
way. Keep spindles independent.

Other things I'd consider are changes to the cable plant and a failing HDHR.

Tom