[mythtv-users] very slow youtube - please help

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 26 16:18:57 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 11:01 AM, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Raymond Wagner píše v Út 26. 11. 2013 v 05:44 -0500:
>> Is it possible Chrome is going one step further, and automatically
>> enabling HTML5 on Youtube for you, completely bypassing Flash?
> nope, this particular video does not play in HTML5 enabled Youtube,
> AFAIK.

What do you mean by "HTML5 enabled Youtube"?  Do you mean using some
(non-Google) browser with the setting flipped to enable the
alpha/beta/whatever-they're-calling-it-now HTML5 video?  FWIW, Google
seems to only allow limited access to HTML5 stuff with non-Google
products, and when you flip that setting in, say, Firefox, lots of
YouTube is not accessible, but those videos still work fine on my
(Google) Android (with Samsung stuff on top) phone, which has no Flash
and, therefore, can only use HTML5.

If you actually quote the link to the video, we can see what exactly
it's doing.

Mike