[mythtv-users] Cablecard and mythtv (more)

John Adams mythtv at onevista.com
Tue Nov 26 15:34:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:31:00 -0500
Joseph DeGraw <coffee412 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have been running a ceton 4 tuner card now for about 8 months. To
> activate my ceton I picked up a cable card from comcasts local outlet
> and then called the support number for cable cards. Everything went
> quite smooth. Only problem I had was that they had at some time put a
> filter on my line at the street and they had to remove it. It was
> blocking some of my TV stations.
>
> coffee

I had no trouble activating/provisioning my cable card when I first got
it.  Every channel to which I was entitled worked well.
About 10 days ago, 12 non-premium channels, seemingly a random
selection, became copy-once.
This saga with Comcast was about getting them back.
Once Comcast heard the word 'linux' they, like a lot of people, used the
'we don't support Linux' excuse.  I've moved on.

--
John Adams (johna at onevista.com)