[mythtv-users] Cablecard and mythtv (more)

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 26 14:31:00 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 09:25 PM, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com
> <mailto:mythtv at onevista.com>> wrote:
>

>     After 8 trips thru Comcast support, I have received the message from
>     tier2 support that 'they do not support linux'
>     I guess that is a change in the Comcast policy and myth with cable
>     card will no longer be supported by Comcast.
>
>     I've given up fighting this.  Its only TV after all and I have an
>     analog work around for those 12 channels.
>
>     Now another question.  On the slave backend I find I need to
>     specify at
>     least the Default directory otherwise I get a repeating error message.
>     I currently have this directory connected by NFS to the master
>     backend.
>     Is there a better way?
>     --
>     John Adams (mythtv at onevista.com <mailto:mythtv at onevista.com>)
>

> Did you try the Comcast CableCard hotline (877-405-2298)?  When you
> say Tier 2, it makes me think you called the main number.  The main
> number support personnel are clueless about CableCards.  It took me
> two years to stumble upon my contact.  This was before there was a
> hotline.
>
> BTW, it isn't Comcast obligation to support Linux.  They are obligated
> to support CableCards.
>
> -Tom

I have been running a ceton 4 tuner card now for about 8 months. To
activate my ceton I picked up a cable card from comcasts local outlet
and then called the support number for cable cards. Everything went
quite smooth. Only problem I had was that they had at some time put a
filter on my line at the street and they had to remove it. It was
blocking some of my TV stations.

coffee