[mythtv-users] Yellow dot and technical problem when watching recordings

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 14:20:14 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 26 Nov 2013 14:01:52 Andrew Berridge wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Amazing! That has solved the issue. However, I think it worthy of a bug
> report - if the service is unavailable, it should be possible to ignore the
> fact. Turning off interactive services altogether seems a bit of a major
> step to solve the issue (although I never use them).

It's not necessarily a bug, you have to specifically configure MythTV to include
the interactive TV data with recordings, it only does so by default for
LiveTV.

The interactive TV stuff (MHEG) is an independent application embedded in the
stream. Depending on the implementation of the warning it's not possible to
stop it displaying this error. The error isn't come from MythTV, it's coming
from the MHEG application itself.

The reason this is showing up now is because we added support in 0.27 for the
internet content side of MHEG (iPlayer etc), which allows the MHEG code to
download additional content from the BBC website.

You could disable 'Enable network access for interactive TV' instead.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV