[mythtv-users] Yellow dot and technical problem when watching recordings

Andrew Berridge andrew.berridge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:03:24 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've searched for this but not found anything...

On some of my frontends (and it seems to be only on those that are remote
from the backend), I get the following message when playing back recordings:

"Due to a technical problem, we are unable to carry out your request at
this time. We apologise for any inconvenience."

There is also a yellow dot in the bottom right-hand corner of the message
window, with "back" next to it.

Any suggestions? It's annoying because once this has popped up, if I press
F4 for Yellow, a message shows in the top-right hand corner of the screen
saying "Please wait..."

I wait for a bit, then the original message comes back.

The only way to get out of this is to press Esc to exit the recording. It
does seem to affect some of my older recordings (4+ years old). I have
rerun mythcommflag --rebuild on an example file, but to no effect.

Thanks,

Andrew