[mythtv-users] ASRock H87M-ITX - Good for MythTV???

Jon N jdnandroid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:40:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've been picking components for a new MythTV frontend/backend as well
web browsing/email and other basic general computing use.  So far I'm
planning on a ASRock H87M-ITX motherboard, specs listed below.  So
does anyone here have any experience with this board, or chipsets
(audio and network).  I hoping everything will work without too much
trouble because I really don't know my way around Linux well enough to
fix difficult problems.  I will probably be installing straight Debian
(or maybe something based on it like Mint).  I did post this question
in a Debian users list group, but so far no results.

Model: ASRock H87M-ITX

CPU Socket Type: LGA 1150

CPU Type: Intel Haswell processors (I'm thinking of either the faster
Pentiums or slower i3)

North Bridge: Intel H87

SATA 6Gb/s, RAID 0/1/5/10

Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC892