[mythtv-users] Cablecard and myth

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:00:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Comcast themselves *are* an MSO, are they not?

Yes, but there was a report that there was a (local/small?)
MSO that rather then acquiring the content directly
and/or licensing directly, was getting their content via
some sort of sub-licensing arrangement from Comcast
(I guess sort of like the MVNOs in the mobile market space;
the business arrangement were never exactly specified),
but the customers MSO was marking the content differently
(i.e. not copy-freely) than Comcast.  The OP in that original
report was blaming Comcast for what was actually the
marking by their local MSO (sort of like blaming AT&T for
charges by Straight Talk wireless in the mobile space).

So, my point was that you only have a contractual
agreement of the MSO from which you are a direct
customer, not some other entity, and you need to
work within that space.   I am sure you are familiar
with the problem of not being a direct customer of
the problem space (network) :-)

Gary