[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 05:09:27 UTC 2013

> Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:46:47 +0000
> From: lists at glidos.net
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode
> There's a --honorcutlist option (which my script uses). That will remove
> the commercials... well I guess you need to go into the cutlist editor
> and tell it to apply the commercial flagging as a cutlist, but I thought
> you had to do that with lossless transcode too. There's also a
> --cleancut option that improves cutting by doing the last 200ish frames
> of each cut by skipping rather than trying to jump to the exact end.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Paul.

Paul, can you clarify please what happens with the --cleancut option? Does the skipping only work if the transcode output is placed back into the Storage Group in place of the original recording, and not in 3rd party programs like Windows Media Player? Is the intention of --cleancut essentially to minimise the chance of missing a few seconds of viewing around the cut boundaries if a mistimed (incorrect) cutpoint is created during commflag detection?