[mythtv-users] After 7y5m running, time to start from scratch after update to .27?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 25 04:41:18 UTC 2013

On 11/23/2013 10:16 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 22 November 2013 21:16, Matthias Thyroff wrote:
>
>> Is my mythconverg overloaded? It is 2.0GiB in size. It resides on an SSD.
>> The channel table is maybe a bit big, 3280 items. Definitely too big for my
>> use case, many channels are duplicatedand I am not sure, why, I am only
>> using less than 100 in my frontends. For example, I have 28 duplicates of
>> the channel RTL from source 3, all of them get their channel data from one
>> xmltv run in the early morning (I still start mythfilldatabase from a cron
>> script; I never straightened out the method of running it via housekeeping
>> which was, I think, introduced with 0.25. I also still start
>> optimize_mythdb.pl every time after the mythfilldatabase run).
> You really need to sort out your video sources and channels
> configuration - this doesn't mean throwing away your entire database.

Exactly.

If channel/video source/input connections configuration is your problem,
you can "start from scratch" by simply going into mythtv-setup's Video
Source section and choosing "Delete all video sources", then re-create
your Video Source(s), re-connect inputs, and re-scan/-fetch channels.
There is absolutely no difference between doing this and starting with a
completely blank database--except for your not having to re-configure
everything else in MythTV.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike