[mythtv-users] Multiple ODD drives

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 03:00:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 21 Nov 2013 06:15:39 HP-mini wrote:
> > AFAIK that optical drive dialogue was removed..
> >
> > http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11068#comment:6
>
> No, it's still there. I'm painfully aware that it's still there because
> it's
> the last of the old (unthemed) ui popups still in use and it's my job to
> see
> that it gets replaced. I also have two drives and so I see it regularly.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11068#comment:8
>
> --
> Stuart Morgan
> MythTV
>
> Well this is still not working for me even with two dvd's in the drives it
always plays from /dev/dvd. Stuart, can you please let us know which theme
are you using just in case this is theme specific? Also do you have a DVD
and BD drives as in my case? Maybe that causes a problem too since myth
accesses the dvd device directly but needs a mount point for the BD drive.
How is this suppose to work for a dvd disk inserted in the BD drive?

At the end, would you mind sharing your settings? Mine are below:

- I have "/dev/dvd" set for the DVD drive and "/media/bluray" for the BD
drive

- I have the following in my "/etc/fstab" file
/dev/dvd /media/dvd udf noauto,nobootwait,uid=igorc,gid=cdrom,user,exec,utf8
0 0
/dev/bluray  /media/bluray udf
noauto,nobootwait,uid=igorc,gid=cdrom,user,exec,utf8 0 0

- I have the following udev rule that creates the "/dev/bluray" device for
me
KERNEL=="sr0" SUBSYSTEM=="block", SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi",
ATTRS{vendor}=="Optiarc", ATTRS{model}=="BD RW BD-5300S", NAME="%k",
SYMLINK="bluray"

Interestingly enough, when I go to myth menu "Eject disk" it is asking
which disk I want to eject so it is aware they both have a media inside.

Thanks,
Igor