[mythtv-users] Error: dtv_multiplex data is required for tuning

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 00:35:56 UTC 2013

On 11/23/2013 10:32 AM, Lists wrote:
> I'm having troubles adding 2 OTA multiplexed channels to my mythtv
> setup. I've done this before and it was all very easy but it is not
> working now. I keep getting recording failures on the new multiplexes.
>
> I already get channel 13. It is setup and works fine. Now trying to
> add 13.2 and 13.3 (as 13_2 and 13_3)
>
> This is the error I see in the log when trying to record from it:
> HDHRChan(10163F1A-0), Error: dtv_multiplex data is required for tuning
>
> I've been through the channel setup and I can't see where I have
> anything wrong.
> I know this is an old version but I'm hoping someone remembers the fix
> if there was one.
>
> The HDHR software allows me to tune to them and watch so they are
> available.
>
> My Live TV is broke so I can't test that way. (Not really interested
> in fixing that either.)

Snipped out log...

How are you trying to add the new channels?  Are you using schedules
direct?  Are they added in their lineup?  Once they are in Schedules
Direct all you need to do is "rescan" for channels in the backend
setup.  Do Not do "get channels from lineup" (or something like that) in
the backend setup.