[mythtv-users] Problem with Channel Tuning on PVR-250 and PVR-500

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sun Nov 24 00:17:01 UTC 2013

I use a PVR-250 in my master BE and a PVR-500 in a slave BE running 0.26-fixes
using the git version that was pulled today. Both BEs are connected to SD cable
from Time Warner. All was fine until yesterday, when all tuners suddenly began
recording static. AFAIK, all I did was reboot when it broke.

I think the hardware is OK. I can set the channel with v4l2-ctl, capture data
with 'cat /dev/videoX > file.mpg', and play the file with vlc. All is good.

One other thing is that when I scan the channels with mythtv-setup, I see no
signal strength. The code moves through the channels very quickly and indicates
that they are locked. No new ones are added.

It looks to me that mythtv is no longer setting the channel on the tuners when
trying to record. I used Google to try to find a similar thread, but found nothing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Larry