[mythtv-users] After 7y5m running, time to start from scratch after update to .27?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 15:16:40 UTC 2013

On 22 November 2013 21:16, Matthias Thyroff <lists at thyroff.net> wrote:

> Is my mythconverg overloaded? It is 2.0GiB in size. It resides on an SSD.
> The channel table is maybe a bit big, 3280 items. Definitely too big for my
> use case, many channels are duplicatedand I am not sure, why, I am only
> using less than 100 in my frontends. For example, I have 28 duplicates of
> the channel RTL from source 3, all of them get their channel data from one
> xmltv run in the early morning (I still start mythfilldatabase from a cron
> script; I never straightened out the method of running it via housekeeping
> which was, I think, introduced with 0.25. I also still start
> optimize_mythdb.pl every time after the mythfilldatabase run).

You really need to sort out your video sources and channels
configuration - this doesn't mean throwing away your entire database.

As you mentioned above that you populate your listings via cron (and
not running your grabber through mythbackend) please could you post
your cron script - there have been changes to the mythfilldatabase
command line arguments recently and it would help to rule out your
script as part of the problem.

Cheers,
Nick