[mythtv-users] 0.27 Some recordings immediately show end of recording dialog box

Joann Bessler bessler at dccnet.com
Sat Nov 23 01:30:53 UTC 2013

On Nov 22, 2013, at 2:48 PM, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Steven Adeff
> > <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         On the system I built for my parents, some recordings have
> >         been having
> >         the issue where immediately upon playing the recording the
> >         dialog box
> >         that appears at the end of the recording shows immediately.
> >         the
> >         recording file size is appropriate (multiple GB), a screen
> >         grab for
> >         the recordings screen is shown, and an image appears at
> >         playback.
> >
> >         Has anyone seen this before? I'm not seeing anything
> >         "remarkable" in
> >         the frontend logs
> >

> >         --
> >         Steve
> >         http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff

This happens to me on a few recordings on my less powerful frontend. My workaround is to create a user job named “rebuild” with the command “mythcommflag —file %FILE% —rebuild”. Note that those are two dashes in front of file and rebuild. If we run across a wonky recording we just set it to rebuild and come back to it later. Low tech but it works.