[mythtv-users] 0.27 Some recordings immediately show end of recording dialog box

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 15:30:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> On 11/20/13 11:24 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> On the system I built for my parents, some recordings have been having
>> the issue where immediately upon playing the recording the dialog box
>> that appears at the end of the recording shows immediately. the
>> recording file size is appropriate (multiple GB), a screen grab for
>> the recordings screen is shown, and an image appears at playback.
>>
> Two suggestions:
>
> 1. Instead of just clicking Play, try using right arrow followed by "Play
> from..." and then choose "Beginning". On several occasions I've seen the
> same thing happen when a bookmark is saved right near the end and either
> commercial auto-skipping is enabled or the bookmark falls within a cut list
> region at the end of the recording.
>
> 2. Try rebuilding the seek table:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable

1. no bookmark set, so the option is not given (and this is on many
multiple recordings, seems like at least one a day, various channels)

2. tried, fails, I opened a ticket for the issue where the log for the
seek table repair was attached.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!