[mythtv-users] Question on Recordings background

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Nov 22 14:25:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> Just remember that you may still need to turn off the downloading of
> metadata, otherwise it will be filling up your hard disk and costing
> you on your Internet connection.  On the day I did my 0.27 upgrade,
> due to the bug that prevented the disable option from working, I had
> over 1 Gibyte of metadata downloaded into /var/lib/mythtv

I consider a gigabyte to be negligible these days.  That's what, about
12 minutes of video at typical cable tv rates?

Turning off metadata downloading is not a general solution to the
problem of wanting a theme without a display of background images.  If
you have multiple frontends and don't want the same theme on each one,
then you need to have metadata downloading on if any theme is to use
it.

Eric