[mythtv-users] Who's running Myth on Arch, and what do you think?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Nov 21 23:30:37 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "George Galt" <george.galt at gmail.com>

> I use Arch for several things, but not currently for mythtv (no reason
> other than I'm simply used to Fedora). Arch does **NOT** use RPM files.

Pacman isn't based on Arch?

Then it was some other third-party distro I was working with a few years
back that was RPM based.

> I'd recommend Arch, though it can take a while to get a system up and
> running. If you truly are looking to stay in the RPM world, try Fedora
> or CentOS.

Alas, I can't use CentOS, because -- in what I think is a flagrant
violation of the spirit of the GPL -- I am told that the major maintainers
of XFS won't talk to me if I do: because "CentOS is taking money of of
their mouths" (because they are employed by Red Hat).

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Make Election Day a federal holiday: http://wh.gov/lBm94  100k sigs by 12/14