[mythtv-users] Who's running Myth on Arch, and what do you think?

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 21:51:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> I've been looking for an RPM based distro that packages myth, so that
> I can dump OpenSUSE, which has acquired a bad case of Drug-Resistant
> Poettering Disease, and I see that Arch Linux fits both criteria.
>
> Anyone here using that build?  Did they do the job correctly?  Which
> WM do you use?

I've been running mythbackend one one machine, and mythfrontend on
three all running Arch. I moved from Fedora about a year ago, and
haven't looked back. You may want to look at Gentoo, though, because
it sounds like you want to avoid systemd for some reason. Arch has
changed it's default init system to systemd as well. (And I love it.)
If you want to avoid systemd, the clear options at the moment are
sysvinit on Debian which may turn into systemd, upstart on Ubuntu
based distros, openrc on Gentoo, or I believe you would have to look
outside the linux ecosystem.

=-Jameson