[mythtv-users] HDHomerun tuner

glen glenb at glenb.us
Thu Nov 21 19:16:36 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 09:31 AM, Monkey Pet wrote:
> Hi all, I switched over to OTA.  I seem to be getting signal/reception
> to all my TVs.  However, my HDHomerun device doesn't seem to record
> some channels and some recordings have artifacts, eventhough the same
> channel is crystal clear on a TV.  I am wondering if other HDHomerun
> users are seeing issues with their tuners AND more importantly what
> did you do to fix the issue?  I have an antenna connected to a
> amplified splitter which distributes the signal throughout my house.
>  I have one of the 1st generation HDHomerun tuners, the white one with
> two inputs.  I also wonder if they fixed the tuner in later versions.
>
> ./hdhomerun_config 10120518 get /sys/hwmodel
> HDHR-US
> ./hdhomerun_config 10120518 get /sys/model
> hdhomerun_atsc
> ./hdhomerun_config 10120518 get /sys/version
> 20130328

i currently have two. my original one, about 2 months ago, suddenly
started dropping the symbol quality causing breakups. prior it had been
fine. same signal to tv was perfect. i contacted silicon dust, got the
runaround. it was still under warranty i wanted another or at least
another power supply. i bought another on sale and it was good. both are
hooked to same signal. ulitmately i looked over the firmware files, as i
had downloaded the betas all the time and noticed one was a smaller byte
count. it was from january of 2013. when i put that on the problem went
away. i believe the tuner is going but silicon dust told me that
different firmwares do use different drivers they get from the
manufacturer of the tuner and they are different. this one is still
working. if you want to try that file and don't have it i can email it
to you. it allowed mine to remain working.