[mythtv-users] Question on Recordings background

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:24:03 UTC 2013

Are you using the Mythcenter-Wide theme?  That is my theme of choice,
but I have modified recordings-ui.xml to address all the points you
brought up.

1)  removed transparent background fanart images.
2)  removed stock coverart thumbnail and replaced with preview thumbnail
from actual recording.
3)  changed start and end times to reflect actual recording instead of
scheduled start end times.
4)  changed scrolling to allow upward reverse wrap, A back to Z, in both
windows

No other settings changes in Mythtv are required for these to work, you
just need to replace the original recordings-ui.xml in Mythcenter-Wide
1.7  with the modified recordings-ui.xml.  If you are using a different
theme then all bets are off.

Note this file will probably get overwritten when updates are applied,
so either keep a copy somewhere else.  Alternatively, you can duplicate
the theme, rename it, select it in the Theme Chooser and it will never
get overwritten (that was my approach).

If you would like a copy of my modified recordings-ui.xml contact me off
list and I'll send it to anyone who is interested.
Ziggy