[mythtv-users] Is mythbuntu dead?

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Wed Nov 20 21:27:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Jason Ward <JasonFWard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Their website has not been updated for around 18 months.
>
> If they are defunct, what is now the best way to Myth for Ubuntu without
> compiling from source?
>
> If they are not defunct, does anyone know where I can find up to date
> information on their releases?
>
> Cheers
> Jason

Where were you looking that you think we haven't updated the site in
18 months? Our last blog post is from Sept 6th, 2013 (see
http://www.mythbuntu.org/home/news ).

We release a new major release every 2 years (with the Ubuntu LTS
release) and offer updates for it through our MythTV repo. We also do
point releases (our last release was 12.04.3 in September). Our next
release will be 14.04 in April 2014.

I thought I had covered everything, but if it truly looks like we're
not updating something I'd like the opportunity to fix it.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos