[mythtv-users] Cablecos and QAM

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Nov 20 16:36:00 UTC 2013

Someone pointed out yesterday that since the FCC no longer requires
Clear QAM, cablecos are phasing it out.  (What was the citation on that
requirement, BTW?)

1) Does anyone know if WOW -- who have built a sort of reputation of
getting their engineering 'right' as we define that term -- are going to
do this as well?

2) Does it mean that you can't use tuners at all, and must go to STBs? Or
just that you will have to have a Cablecard-capable tuner?

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Make Election Day a federal holiday: http://wh.gov/lBm94  100k sigs by 12/14