[mythtv-users] Multiple ODD drives

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:15:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/19/2013 09:33 AM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 20 Nov 2013 01:12:32 Igor Cicimov wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've been looking for multiple optical drives support option in mythtv
>>> (I'm
>>> on latest 0.27) in terms of playback and seams I can't get around this
>>> problem. In case I have multiple drives, or as in my case one DVD and one
>>> BD how can I specify which drive to play from when I go to "Watch A Disc"
>>> menu? I can see an option for specifying dvd and bluray device in the
>>> fontend multimedia settings whcih I have done but when I press the above
>>> mentioned menu it always tries to open /dev/dvd. Am I missing something?
>>>
>> The decision about which drive to use, or even whether there are multiple
>> drives to be used, depends on the use of udev (libudev) and the dbus
>> udisks
>> service. If either udev or dbus
>>

> or udisks (which is a separate package).

Maybe I haven't made my self clear enough. I don't have any problem
mounting the drives or playing that is all working fine. My question is
simple, if I have a disk in the both drives how do I tell mythtv which one
to play when I  press "Watch a disc" from the menu? By default it always
goes to the first one, which in this case is /dev/dvd. What if I want to
play from the second one /dev/dvd1? Hope my question is more clear now.

Cheers,
Igor