[mythtv-users] 2 way telnet communication with Denon AVR (3808 4806, etc...)

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Tue Nov 19 21:44:27 UTC 2013

Following up an old thread here, I thought I'd share. I use my denon to
trigger a WOL packet to wake up my mythtv PC when it's selected in the
receiver.

In turn, when my denon is told to sleep, my code receives the state
change over the telnet connection and my controlling PC uses the info to
make mythfrontend exist back to mythwelcome, which in turn will cause
the mythtv to go to S3 sleep if it's not doing anything else.

This can all be done by only reading from the telnet connection (which I
used to do), but now I also use mythtv to control the sound on the
receiver and this is done by sending commands asynchronously from the
status updates being received.

Anyway, enough blah blah, I've put all of this here, hope it helps:
http://marc.merlins.org/perso/linux/2013-11.html#Mythtv-_-Denon-AVR-3808CI-2-Way-Communication

Cheers,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....