[mythtv-users] How to start MythTV Backend?

Paul Wootton pwootton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 22:08:24 UTC 2013

On 19 Nov 2013, at 22:00, Forum <forum-da at padaba.de> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> You're right, firmware was missing.
> In "Capture Card Setup", the field DVB device is now filled with "/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0",
> but in FrontendID, I still have an error:
> "Could not get card ... [] Subtype: Unknown error".
>
> -- Damian --

Now I'm moving outside my area of expertise...  Looking at

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/help-failing-get-mythtv-up-running-15031/

(which is worth a read),  it *might* be a permissions problem on the /dev/dvb ... directories.   The solution in the case above was to add mythtv to the video group.

-- Paul --