[mythtv-users] Multiple ODD drives

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 16:15:49 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 20 Nov 2013 02:30:07 Igor Cicimov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 20 Nov 2013 01:12:32 Igor Cicimov wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've been looking for multiple optical drives support option in mythtv
> >
> > (I'm
> >
> > > on latest 0.27) in terms of playback and seams I can't get around this
> > > problem. In case I have multiple drives, or as in my case one DVD and
> > > one
> > > BD how can I specify which drive to play from when I go to "Watch A
> > > Disc"
> > > menu? I can see an option for specifying dvd and bluray device in the
> > > fontend multimedia settings whcih I have done but when I press the above
> > > mentioned menu it always tries to open /dev/dvd. Am I missing something?

Have you specified a mount point for the bluray drive in /etc/fstab and granted
permissions ('users' in the fstab options) for users to mount the drive? The
version of libbluray MythTV uses needs to mount the disc before it can play
from it. The media monitor will attempt to mount the disc and if it fails
there will be a warning in the frontend log.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV