[mythtv-users] Jerky video

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Nov 19 14:20:14 UTC 2013

Picture Quality.

Though I disagree that a 210 cant offer 'good' picture quality.  In
reality, your 210's picture quality (if configured properly) would likely
rival your provider's set top box; and most people would consider that to
be 'good', or at very least good enough.

GT610 using Advanced 2x temporal deinterlacing is the cream of the crop,
you probably won't find better PQ using any other affordable hardware... I
don't know that I would call that simply 'good'.

If I were you I would tinker with your deinterlacing settings to see if you
can't get acceptable output.  Or try running your 210 in native resolution
for 1080i, so that it puts out the raw, unprocessed, interlaced signal.
 This would rely on the quality of your television, which may exceed the
deinterlacers available with the 210's hardware.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree kinda covers the process,
though it's focused on 24fps video, you can do the same for other
framerates.