[mythtv-users] 0.27 Upgrade locale issue

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Nov 19 12:48:27 UTC 2013

Hi!

On 2013-11-19 7:07 AM, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> I smooshed  en_gb and en_ca into the attached, it's a complete guess.
> Could someone point to any documentation that exists for writing these files?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Locale_Configurations

but currently that page is more a placeholder than anything else.

Essentially the settings names and values are the same one store in the
database (and usually the same one showed on screen). Entries marked as
"global" are shared by all frontends while the other are set on a
per-frontend basis.

Settings should be set for sensible values for each country and language
(and not personal preference).

When you are happy with your locale file you can create a translation
ticket on Trac (this is not a translation but is processed by the same
people).

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas