[mythtv-users] Australians: can you help me gather some data?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 04:40:32 UTC 2013

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Xander Victory
Sent: Saturday, 9 November 2013 3:25 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: [mythtv-users] Australians: can you help me gather some data?

Apologies for being slightly OT, but I would like to compare some OTA dvb data with that from other states.

The data I'm talking about is the Freeview EPG (the one that works only on their devices).

For a while I have been using the EPG data to generate an xmltv file for mythfilldatabase, which has worked quite well. I am now doing a rewrite (in perl rather than c++) so that others can benefit.

So, What I would like is a dump of the DSMCC data from your area. It shouldn't matter what channel you use; they all carry it here in WA.
I've modified a version of rb-download to download the data and exit after no new data is found.

https://github.com/thiakil/rb-download
Hopefully the readme is detailed enough. I need the 3 folders it creates; cache, carousels, services. One they're tarred up (gz or bzip2 preferred) it should be a small file, direct email should be fine.

It would also be helpful if you can provide me a copy of the channels.conf file (so I can see which channels your actually receive), and your region (e.g. nsw Sydney; qld regional, etc)

Thanks for any help!

PS. if any New Zealanders read this, you're welcome to try too; I recall from a windows based project to do this that the data is very similar.

Hi Xander, happy to try and assist with data but I couldn’t get the program to compile and the precompiled version also crashed for me. If there is some other way I can get you the info you are looking for please let me know.