[mythtv-users] How to start MythTV Backend?

Forum forum-da at padaba.de
Mon Nov 18 21:18:37 UTC 2013

Am 17.11.2013 23:55, schrieb Forum:
> Am 17.11.2013 23:29, schrieb Paul Wootton:

>>     • Nov 17 22:37:22 user-GA-880GMA-UD2H mythlogserver:
>> mythbackend[8570]: W CoreContext main_helpers.cpp:214 (setupTVs)
>> MythBackend: No valid capture cards are defined in the database.
>>     • Nov 17 22:37:22 user-GA-880GMA-UD2H mythlogserver:
>> mythbackend[8570]: W CoreContext scheduler.cpp:209 (VerifyCards)
>> Scheduler: Listings source '' is defined, but is not attached to a
>> card input.
>>     • Nov 17 22:37:22 user-GA-880GMA-UD2H mythlogserver:
>> mythbackend[8570]: E CoreContext scheduler.cpp:220 (VerifyCards)
>> Scheduler: No channel sources defined in the database
>>
>> You don't have any capture cards defined for your backend.
>> mythbackend won't start unless it sees some tuners.
>> -- Paul --
> I wasn't able to define my tuners. Before my Harddrive-crash, MythTV
> works fine with Linux Ubuntu. After the HDD-crash, I bought a new HDD
> and installed Linux Mint and MythTV. In my backend, my tuner card is
> not detected.
> In Backend, "Capture Card Setup" in "Card Type" is "DVB DTV capture
> card (v3.x)". But in "DVB device", field is blanc !!!!

Hi,

  "What is the capture card? Some need extra drivers installed."
@Paul:
Capture Card is Digital Devices Cine S2.
dmesg | grep DVB
ngene: Found Linux4Media cineS2 DVB-S2 Twin Tuner (v5)

"You should also see entries in /dev/dvb/adapter0 if the card is being
recognized./dev/dvb/adapter0
@Bill:
This is strange, because /dev/dvb does not exist, only /dev. In my
previous system, I had the card being recognized.
In Ubuntu, card was automatically detected, but why not in Linux Mint?

/"Also try the command 'lspci' or 'lsusb' to check that your card is inserted properly."/

@Nick: lspci seems to be O.K. from my perspective.
http://pastebin.com/mhMm7r9y

"I'd suggest looking in /var/log/syslog"
@Bill: I've pasted it on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Zdf2Ev03

Damian